Hello you and happy Friday!! 🤩🎉 Blog posts are what get me excited for the weekend because as soon as one goes up I’m all over this space reading and writing, feeling motivated to create more before the feeling runs out (use it before you lose it as they say 🤣). How are we all doing today? I hope you’re okay or if not, can find time and space for yourself to pause and relax 💕. Perhaps this can be that space, maybe that’s wishful thinking but you never know (the blogging community is such a wonderful and insightful den, full of like-minded souls going about their day to day lives and sharing their worlds/thoughts. Getting lost in that can be kinda cathartic and calming so I hope you guys can find and feel that way today, whether it be here or with a host of awesome bloggers who are out there making things happen! ✨
Speaking of which, a pretty amazing blogger whom I admire greatly nominated me to do the Mystery Blogger Award recently and that was Meghan from Meghan’s Whimsical Explorations & Reviews!! I honestly can’t remember a time when Meghan wasn’t around since I started blogging, she is a presence that stayed and holds a sense of how this place felt back in the beginning for me and that is magic! I love reading her posts and as I tend to log on every few days to catch up on things around here, I enjoy finding her in the reader and the calming approach to reviews she takes as well as weekly updates too (I’m always surprised by how fast a week goes by when I see stuff like this! 🤣). Be sure to check out Meghan’s blog and I’m sending a huge thanks her way for the tag!
Now, this award was created by Okoto Enigma 👏 and here are the rules!
- Put the award logo onto your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- State three random facts about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 people
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choosing
- Share a link to your best post(s)
After a short interval we will begin…
I think I’m gonna be obsessed with the spacer option on WordPress now that I’ve found it (it’s like a lil moment to think about what to do next 😂)…
Three facts about me:
1. I’m right handed but when I play the ukulele I’m a leftie (not that it matters seeing as the poor things been abandoned since the first lockdown anyway 😂). I take after my dad in playing the ukulele left handed and he’s way better at it than I am! *Wants to know why there isn’t a ukulele emoji* 😤 oh wait, we’ll go with a banjo 🪕 (peace has been restored 😅🤣).
2. This last while I’ve been flicking through food/recipe magazines before I go to sleep and it’s been so nice and easygoing! It’s at that time of day I’ll say to myself ‘I will make this and this and this tomorrow’ + then the next day comes and I’ve found myself nowhere near the kitchen with everything but those plans on my mind and before I know it I’m back up in bed repeating the whole cycle 🤣. I did make mocktails the other day if that counts! A blog post is on the way about them soon 😍 (on a rainy day they made me remember it’s actually Summer 😵🍹 so cheers! 😂).
3. (This point is being added in last minute after much thought on what I could put down as a third fact about myself! 😂) I don’t know if this is necessarily a “fact” about me but it’s a part of my life so why not! Yesterday (8th July) was my mum’s birthday and I put together a cruise/nautical theme (as she’s always wanted to go on one 🛳️) with the garden destination of Hawaii! 🤣🌺 We all had the best time and ended up playing a few games in the garden after beating up a Piñata (I felt bad for the hula girl but she had all of the sweets so it had to be done!). After all the fun I had to lay down as I was ACHING like mad but despite that being initially upsetting, I’m just mega pleased that my mum had a great day. I’ve arranged for her to see a private cinema screening of the first two Anne with an E episodes as a surprise (she started watching with me from season 2 and is as obsessed with it as I am so going back to the beginning I wanted her and my sister to experience the beauty of it on the big screen 🍿) . It’s happening on the day this post goes up and should be finished by the time you guys see this! It’s going to be a memory in the making and in the nicest way possible, I hope she cries 🤣. Are any of you fans of Anne with an E?? Isn’t it incredible! 🍃 If you’re yet to see it, you’re a fan waiting to happen! 🙌
Why do you like your favourite book as much as you do?
Do you know what, I always say Coraline by Neil Gaiman is my favourite book because it was my first major sense of escape but since being in a semi reading slump due to brain fog (and general difficulty with focusing when staring at the pages of a book that is hella frustrating) I’m starting to wonder if it really is. Don’t get me wrong, I freaking love it! A part of me just thinks that maybe if I could find a way out of this I could really fall into some of the books that are attempting to pull me from how I’m feeling right now. Also as time goes by I lose a sense of what books I have been crazy about in the past. This isn’t forever and doesn’t really answer the question but I’m on a little journey to find a favourite book and not resort to throwing Coraline in as an answer just for the sake of it like I was going to do originally 😂. The bookworm spark in me will not be put out! 🔥
Go to pizza toppings?
I had pizza yesterday so this is in my league 😏. Apologies to any vegetarians/vegans out there but I went for a Dominos meateor 😅 (it had the works including bacon and pepperoni with onions, mushrooms and herbs 😋. As it was my mum’s birthday and I had been snacking on party food I only managed half of the pizza so there’s still some left and I’ll be on it like a car bonnet later, you have my word 😂.
What’s your zombie apocalypse plan?
As I said to meghan back when she nominated me to do this, I like to think I’d be out gathering supplies and having it be a walk in the park (….with zombies 🤔) but in reality it would be anything but! I’d probably be up in our attic waiting for it all to end and there ain’t nothing up there but planks of wood to crawl over to the water tank so that would be comfortable in sure 😂. Seriously, there was a time when I heard coronavirus and worried about the pandemic situation converting over into a fully fledged zombie attack where the virus progressed into my worst nightmare but nope! That’s one good thing I suppose but back to the matter at hand I’d lock all of the doors/windows and go all Kevin McAlister on those Zombies even though he didn’t do that 🤔 (I’d probably collapse in bed with a migraine halfway through but these things happen and we move 😂).
What is your most loved and most hated book trope?
I’m after just going on a hunt to find out what trope means and I’M BACK! Now that I know what a trope refers to at first I couldn’t imagine myself loving them but then I just tried to put it into perspective and consider why I go for particular books. I really like YA fantasy and what comes arm in arm with that is mostly always somebody starting out at the bottom, maybe not in the best of places + getting by and making it to the top of their game (like Feyre in ACOTAR), I guess I love that trope if it is one! My most hated trope is people ending up together when you see it coming (again I’m not sure if that counts 😑). Like how a book can be from two different narratives, each chapter alternating and you just know they’ll meet and either be the best of friends or fall in love. Get it over with I say! (I sound like a lovely, tolerable person 😅😂). It doesn’t help that a lot of the books I’ve found to be like like this aren’t YA fantasy though so maybe they just don’t have it in them to keep me hooked! 😂
What’s the last hyped book you read? Was it worth it?
I haven’t finished a full book in a while and I can’t really remember the last book I did complete but I’m in the middle of quite a few and what I put down last was Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard! (It’s amazing but I’m going at a snail’s pace, maybe I should become a one book girl and then I’ll have more of a chance at finishing them….nah! 😂📚). So far I’m absolutely loving it and it’s definitely worth it!
Feast Diary • Dreamed Worlds • Cupcakesandlemonade • Pretty Little Scribbles • Alifiaca • The Corner Shop • And YOU! Want to do this post too? Then consider yourself tagged…and not in the annoying way like the game where people hit you and run off 🙄🤣 (This way it truly is a “mystery” which bloggers will take part 😂 feel free to join in if you like the questions below ✨).
The questions I have for you are:
- Do you read your horoscope? (If you don’t – why? And if you do – does it match your lifestyle/come true in the end? 🤯)
- Are you known for any party tricks?
- Is your blog at this moment in time a true representation of yourself or do you feel things need to be changed around on there to match who you have grown into since starting out? (this one’s DEEP 😂).
- A year before you started your blog, would you have believed it was going to happen?/was creating your blog on your mind for a while? (Two questions in one there 🙈🤣).
- What was the last word you said out loud?
No pressure at all on those I nominated to do this (Readers go check out their lovely blogs! 💗).
My best post(s)
I’m not really sure about my best posts but I really like how carefree and simplistic my very last post was: My Disney+ Recommendations, how fun and uplifting to look back on My favourite photos from Summer so far is and I also found it helpful to read over 3 Ways to deal with last minute nerves the other day when something was really getting to me. I felt a wave of inspiration reading through it because I could tell despite it being about a difficult subject I’d enjoyed writing it and was present in that moment as well (like I feel as I say these words! 😄✨).
And so it begins! (Because this ain’t the end, especially if you choose to take part 😝). Thank you for checking out this post today! ☺️ I’m happy you chose to do so and hope that you enjoyed it! Be sure to go take a look at the bloggers mentioned today because I love them so much and if you’re here with me then I’m sure you will too! 🤣💫 Feel free to answer any of the questions yourself in the comments section so that we can all get to know each other better (especially that zombie apocalypse one! 😱). I hope you have a beautiful day/night (I tend to be in the latter of the two when reading blog posts so covering all boundaries here….unless you’re a timeless being in which case, teach me your ways 🤯) and I’ll see again next Friday with something I’ve been working on lately and cannot wait to share with you!! Much love to ya 🤗💗xx