How are things? 💕 You know when people say that putting stuff out into the universe somewhat speaks it into existence in terms of goals? (Please say yes 😂) Well I find that to be true for quite a lot of things! When I say what I intend to do out loud/share plans on this blog they seem to come to fruition or more so I’m given the drive to make them happen as then I am not the only one who knows about them. It adds that element of pressure to perform but not in a bad way if that makes sense? 😂
Sadly the same cannot be said for my Summer bucket list which I “put out there” at the beginning of the season. It’s sorta a lost cause as I’ve lost interest in a good few of the things I wrote of (as you will see when I revisit it sometime next month 😕). I’ll give myself some credit though, at the moment I’m much better with short term to-do lists wherein the majority have to be done sooner as opposed to over a seasonal period of time!
I’ve always loved lists (here is a post all about lists that I find are helpful when blogging by way of keeping me organized!), maybe it’s the writing part and feeling in control of it or the doing and knowing what is on the cards 🃏. They’ve been a welcome feature in this pandemic so as to take my mind off of all the craziness that is going on and are such a simplistic task that can put a whole lot of things into perspective (long story short I recommend them for most stuff! 😂).
I tend not to set a mad amount of things to do as I don’t want to put myself down if a bad flare-up occurs and none of it can be done at all, instead I acknowledge that I need to pace and maybe get some of it completed and perhaps even more on a good day! With this in mind I thought I would share my most recent plans (they are written on the daily so will soon be scrap metal. They know it, I know it, tis no secret 😂).
Here is what I intend to do on the 19th of August which at point of this post going up is today! (It could be past or present tense to the reader but as long as it’s uploaded who cares? 😂). Read on or else you’re out of the loop and I won’t be consoling you over that 😊😂…
• For starters, I have to order a present for my sisters birthday! I can’t actually give any details away on this because she might be reading (in which case Katie, you lose! Better luck next time 😂). I picked up a few bits and pieces this morning to go towards the day itself and here’s the bit she won’t like: we’re actually done so any further wishes may not be considered 😬😂. I never really noticed before but birthdays come around so damn fast! Maybe it’s because they’re something nice and normal to latch onto what with the current circumstances we live in. Usually they’d be interspersed between other events throughout the year but at the moment they are the main event! 😂
Mum’s was last month, dad had his earlier this month and my sister’s one is next month 🎉. As soon as one is over thoughts move onto the next! My birthday is a very considerate short reprieve as it’s away in November 😏 and when that’s over we can think about Christmas! 🎄 I’m really looking forward to all the festivities and have already started listening to the music on rainy days as I’ve found that cheers me up about the non brightness as then there’s a metaphorical lightness in thinking it’s Christmas (as that’s always associated with winter 🌧️ I’m trying here 😂).
• Like I mentioned in an acrostic poem about Summer, I’ve gotten into gardening and I’m waiting on a raised plant bed to arrive. When that will happen is a mystery but until then I can prepare for its arrival by deciding where exactly it will go down the back of the garden and also removing a load of slugs that I discovered there yesterday evening (I counted 28!! It’s crazy and they’re all so huge 😲).
I don’t know how but I might find a way to put them elsewhere if they haven’t already disappeared as they’re not safe for the dogs either, Ruby the Labrador went right up to one and was sniffing away, I was like “we must protect the child!”😨…Sure she doesn’t know what’s good/bad for her so I’ve gotta be responsible 😂.
• Oh, Another goal is to take her for a walk up the road today, yesterday was around the garden and I surprised her by walking out unexpectedly as she was doing her daily do’s and it was so cute seeing her little bewildered face before the excitement set in that we’d be having another one of our walks together and she came over for a fuss wagging her tail 🤣.
• I want to put up framed art in my room as I don’t know if I’ve said anything about it yet but I’m going to start a wall featuring framed prints of some of my favourite things which will be nice to look at! 😄. My room is going through a transformation as of late because I’ve realized that I want to somewhat rejuvenate it as it doesn’t fully reflect who I am today, the majority of it does but I want more signs of relaxation and memories ✨. I can’t fully show you this first framed print in particular as it’s of where I live though.
It’s a lovely reminder as I do love where I am and the town featured in the art is so beautiful/picturesque. I’ve a Coraline print arriving soon and have drawn up something too so I’m hoping to get some more frames in different styles to make the wall look more quirky. I’m going to use command wall strips to put each one up so I need to be 100% sure today where exactly it should be placed before I fit it and you know how indecisive I get 😌😂.
• Moving on, I want to dedicate some time to thinking about a course I might be starting next month!! I’m not expecting to make the entire decision today but I’d like to go to bed tonight with some more clarity on the subject. There’s a booking fee so I’d need to make up my mind sooner or later and I think that the only thing holding me back right now is a bit of fear that I wouldn’t be able to balance it all but deep down I know that I can make it work and I should just go for it!
It would be nice to perhaps have a life altering dedication for myself away from this blog again because as much as I love this place I want something to work towards that is majority based away from a screen whilst I’m still in a learning mood after my last course 😂. It could very well turn into a passion and I believe it’s super important to try things out like that if you’re unsure what to do so this could be a significant chapter in my life! 💫 Unless I bring it up again, if all goes well the first module will be over after four weeks on from the beginning of September so you’ll probably be hearing about it in my monthly favourites afterwards but let’s not get too ahead of ourselves! 😅
• I’d like to write some lists for my pin board as it’s looking very sparse aside from a couple quotes 😂✨. I have an idea of what I’d like to put onto it like motivational lists such as things that have been achieved so far this year and reminders! I originally intended to use the command strips I mentioned above to put this up but I don’t think there’s going to be much space for it now that I’ve gotten the idea of the framed prints wall into my head 😂 so it will stay on top of my unit for now and that won’t deter me from putting it to good use!
• Work on my September bullet journal! 🖍️༼ つ ◕‿◕ ༽つ…..oh my gosh I just discover the emoticon section of the keyboard 😮 I feel sorry for you because from now on there’s going be a LOT of them on my posts #noescape 🤷😂. Anywho! My journal is going really well since I started back out with it this month (HERE I’ll have you know!) and I’m figuring out some things that I’ll take forward with me as well as improve upon, such as my mood tracker which is just a colour coder right now but in my next spread I think I’ll add a short description alongside each day so as to know why I felt a certain way. There isn’t really anything to take forward from what I’m doing with the tracker right now aside from knowing how I felt so I’m hoping that will help it! 🙌
• Writing some blog posts is a must because if the course above is going to work then I really need to plan out some posts in advance so as to be able to not become overwhelmed by everything. I don’t intend on taking a break from blogging right now because I’m really enjoying it so I’m not even considering that as an option. If you’re reading this post and it’s only been published recently on the 19th then I should be up in my room trying to be productive! 🤞That’s the aim anyway 😂. I’ll be planning and prepping some ideas that I’m really excited about! 😆
• And last but by no means least are a few fun things I’d like to do such as making a banana smoothie (I planned on doing this the yesterdayday but then I had a banana with my breakfast and wasn’t in the mood for it afterwards…why do I spoil it for myself? 🙄😂). I want to light a candle which sounds simple enough but for some reason it hasn’t happened in a long time! If I can get the rest of this stuff done then it would be nice to sit back at some point with one lit and perhaps a good book or relaxing movie (Song of the Sea is my go to! What’s yours? 🍿).
…I crave a mug of hot chocolate 🤤 (hopefully this won’t bring a migraine on as occasionally they used to but it’s been so long since then, I don’t know maybe I shouldn’t risk it), I’d steal one of mum’s Cadbury highlights as they’re so GOOD!….. actually I would ask for it or else I’d be lumbered with a headache I deserved due to theft stress wondering whether or not I’d get caught 😂.
At some point I’d like to go with the flow and see where it takes me too! 🌊 Maybe colouring (which I did the other day with a book that centered around designs with cat stickers 😹) or staring lovingly at my succulents whom are doing very well lately! 🌵 I know, I know, it’s still early days but I’mma acknowledge the fact that they’re still alive, that’s certainly a good start 🙌😂.
Thank you for reading! 😉 Those are my main plans for today (alongside a few menial tasks like putting fresh cases onto the cushions in my room and building up a tower of pillows on the bed which probably isn’t worthwhile as it’ll all have to be removed when I go to sleep but I’ll do it anyway 😂). Of course I’ll most likely get sidetracked along the way of doing all this stuff but I hope it can get done (And if not then it better be for a good reason! 😜).
Do you find that voicing your goals/plans helps them along the way? What are you up to today? Are you going to fit in some downtime as well? 🛀 I hope you’re able to and have a lovely day whatever you do! Take care ✨💕