Hi everyone! How are you? Read any good books lately? 😂 January was the busiest month I’ve had in ages. Since recently catching the flu again it has been hard to adjust to resting after being up to something every day but luckily it’s not lasting long (maybe the vaccine is shortening how long it would usually take its course for? 🤔). Things occured that I never thought would…maybe that will be a theme for 2020 💫
I had a bad experience on the 21st after starting on new migraine medication. After so many years of it not happening I passed out and lost my vision/hearing completely. I was awake through it until the feeling passed and it was so scary. It’s safe to say I’m not on those anymore as it shook me for days 🙌😂 but the whole experience has given me a new perspective on things.
Usually I’ll write about everything and anything that I cross paths with throughout the month but for January I chose to only select a few favourites ✨
Our new cat Bertha is settling in very well. We were told by the shelter that she loves to talk and that is only just dawning on us now, she never shuts up. Her meow is more like a ‘where-ow’ or ‘oh-why’ and she loves a cuddle. She is 10 years old but you wouldn’t know it…well you do now that I’ve told you but you know what I mean 😂
These were an impulse buy that I didn’t feel like I could leave behind. In that moment I convinced myself they would be worn with dresses but I’d forgotten that I rarely wear dresses 😑 (why is this a regular thing when shopping? 😂). Either way I’m happy I got them and I’m looking forward to going through my wardrobe to see what they’d go well with 💃
What I watched:
- Jumanji 2: I loved the 2017 Jumanji so I had high hopes for Jumanji 2. Sadly I don’t think it met those expectations but I still enjoyed it. I can enjoy any movie in the cinema if I have a large popcorn with me though 😂🍿The concept was good but to come back like that it would have had to be better than the 2017 version and it fell mighty short of that. I feel so cruel but I’m not here to lie 🤷
- The Witcher: my cousin has kindly let me use her Netflix so I’m in! 😂 There were so many advertisements of The Witcher around that time so of course I watched it or more so gorged on it. Now there is a film example for the kind of books I read 😂
- The Laundromat: This was absolutely brilliant! I wrote a review of it here, it’s that good! 😏😂
- Crazy Rich Asians: Like Jumanji 2, I had high expectations of Crazy Rich Asians but this time it was because people had told me how good it was. I’ll admit when I first watched it I didn’t understand the hype (maybe because I had so much banking on it 😂) but soon afterwards I realized that I wanted to watch it again and again and again. Long story short it took some time for me to acknowledge just how much I enjoyed it and on that note I’m going to watch it once more!
- The Hustle: I saw this with my sister and aunt whilst she was staying at the beginning of the month as we were in the mood for something funny and from what I can remember The Hustle was hilarious! The plot was simple but that made for an easy-going watch.
- Wonder Woman: This was another recommendation and although I wouldn’t rule it out as something I wouldn’t normally watch I don’t think I would have made an effort to see it if it hadn’t of been brought to my attention 😂 With that being said I did like it and I can understand why others do to but I haven’t really given it a second thought.
- The Crown: I have wanted to watch The Crown for so long and it is finally happening! I’m still on season one but that is only because I want to make it last 😂
Ted Baker peony hand lotion
I used this a lot in January (I’ve only just noticed how many peony scented things I have received lately but I’m not complaining! 😂) because it’s so soothing! It’s been nice having something to keep going back to using as opposed to switching between brands.
These are honey cakes with walnuts (or at least they were until I ate them all). I received them for Christmas and I’m surprised they lasted well into January as they were soooo good. I’m seriously considering ordering some more online as I have no idea where else to get them. I can only hope that I will cross paths with them again one day 💘
Creative writing group
I joined a local creative writing group and spell check is trying to make me say writering 🤦 It’s been fun talking out loud about poetry as opposed to writing/thinking about it and it has really made me see poems in a new light. The whole experience has made me take notice of what I can write poems about, I’ve drawn inspiration from the weirdest of things (like here for example) as well as just daily occurrences. Im enjoying hearing other people’s poems read out loud and I can’t wait for the next meeting 🗯️
My friends sister made me this bookmark and I’m in awe of it! 😍 The design is something so powerful encased in a delicate yet sturdy object ✨ It’s a bookmark that tells a story of it’s own and currently resides in the book ‘The Smoke Thieves’ which I just started reading and am already hooked on (to be honest I’m not sure if it’s the book that’s making me keep reading or the fact that I get to use the bookmark each time I move further along as I like staring at it 🤔 Anywho! 😂). You can check out her business page here!
Inspiring books from The Works
I love books like these so I’m happy to have them in my possession! Each book is full of intricate drawings detailing how to be: happy, calm, mindful, resilient and confident. The other two by separate authors are along similar lines and they are nice to just flick through whenever I’m in a bad mood or even when I’m feeling good and want to keep it up 💫 I wish I’d come across them sooner as they are a great help but better late than never I say! (Because I’m late a lot 😂).
Neroli and Amber scented colour changing candle by Baltus
I don’t think I’ve ever had a colour changing candle before, I knew they existed but didn’t know where to get them until one was brought home and now I’m fascinated with it! 😵 The fragrance is very unique and sweet but not in a sickly way. It brings a whole other candle experience to the table when it changes colours, it must be like smellvision at the cinema or something 😂
Thank you for reading! How was your January? Did you have any favourites? Let me know and have a lovely day ❤️