Hi everyone! How are you today? ❤ I was nominated by Bree from 3 Sister’s Abroad to do this award and I want to start off by sending a massive THANK YOU her way! She has always been so supportive and kind. I love reading about her and her sisters travels and the awareness their blog raises about chronic illness’s is truly inspirational! It’s been a while since I’ve taken part in an award so I’ve been really looking forward to getting back into the relaxing swing of doing them again 😄 I will jump straight into it!
1. Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
Questions from 3 Sister’s Abroad
1. Where in the world are you based and have you met up in person with any fellow bloggers in your local area?
I am in Ireland! ☘ No I have never met up with any bloggers in my local area. I found one blogger sometime last year who lives an hour or so away from me (or did at the time) but she doesn’t post anymore. Looking around I have found that when I do find bloggers also living in Ireland they aren’t local and the few that are are mostly only on Instagram (which I don’t use) plus they don’t have websites 🙁
2. If blogs had to have a themetune that played everytime people came onto your website – which song would you choose?
I would try go for something that won’t get on people’s nerves those first couple of times so that they keep coming back! 😂 Hmm I love the song Houdini by Foster The People so I’d go with that!
3. Why did you choose the specific niche you write about for your blog?
I am my own niche! 😂 If I had to choose a specific niche I don’t think I would post as much as I do, I am not organised at all! The way things are I can post about whatever I feel like at the time and so different types of inspiration can come into play.
4. Tell us about the best photograph you have taken, that is featured in one of your blogs (include copy of the photo in your answer)
I’m not sure about my best because I don’t take many but if I had to pick a favourite it would be of my holiday last year over to England (HERE) as this was the first photo I took as we drove off of the boat into wales and so it holds the magical feeling of not knowing what was to come! 🌟 It was definitely the best picture I’ve ever taken in a moving vehicle that’s for sure! 🙌😂
5. What is the most fun country that you have visited that is both varied and beautiful?
I’ve never been on what I feel is a proper holiday (almost contradicted myself with that last question! 😂) to a new place in a visiting sense to see something different but I have seen beauty in what I know. My sister and I have only recently started going back over to England (driving through Wales but not getting out of the car) and August will be our third trip alone and I love it but England is where we’re from and so I’m used to it in a completely different way than I’m used to living in ireland and calling it my home in that it is much more diverse.
I’ve not been on a holiday with my mum and dad before so maybe the situation would change if they came over to England with my sister and then I might be calling it a holiday…I don’t know if I’m making sense anymore, I’m certainly not sticking to the question! (I’m a confusing bean 😂). I would love to go on a holiday with my family one day to a new place is basically what I I’m trying to say and then my viewpoint would have more meaning behind it in that I wouldn’t be used to my surroundings.
If I had to give an answer I would go around all I’ve just said taking it into account and say England! (I should have just answered the bloody question in the first place! 😂) as it is definitely varied and beautiful whereas Ireland is beautiful but I wouldn’t call it varied in comparison 😂
6. Which social media app do you get most blog traffic through and what makes it work so well for you?
I only use Twitter for my blog and some views come through from that but not many.
7. How long have you been blogging and have you ever taken time out away from blogging during that time?
I started Elsie LMC in December 2016 so does that make it 15/16 months already?? 🤔😲 (For someone that does an accounting course I’m terrible at maths! 😂). In this time I have taken a little under two weeks off I think and it is my goal for the year to get into a habit of stepping away and taking more breaks.
8. If you had to choose a smoothie recipe to represent your blog what would it be?
Probably strawberry and banana as that’s my favourite! 😋 I want to try peanut butter and banana to change it up as I always go by strawberry and banana when asked what my favourite is even though I haven’t had it in ages! 😂
9. Have you ever heard of fibromyalgia?
Yes, Fibromyalgia is a condition that goes hand in hand as a symptom with the disease my doctors are looking into for my diagnosis. I’m used to being told particular flare-ups I experience are fibromyalgia but still nothing is done about it until everyone is sure and so the waiting game continues.
10. What piece of advice would you give bloggers for creating images and for taking photos/ flatlays/ blog feature images etc?
I don’t take many photos for my blog unless there’s a haul or monthly favourite’s post. I’d say use what’s available/best for you and don’t get caught up in what you think you need or should be doing in order to create the perfect photo. I use natural light and the app PicsArt to add my logo to a corner (I also edit PicsArt’s free images for my post’s main photos and I would definitely recommend it as it’s both easy and fun to use!).
11. Do you make money off blogging? If so how?
No. It’s not something I’d be against trying in the future but for now (not being self hosted) I feel like it would place added pressure on it all and in my mind mess up the fun/true meaning behind why I’m doing this.
I nominate (you don’t have to do it if you don’t want to! ❤):
And you!!! If you want to do this award and answer my questions consider yourself nominated! ❤ (Okay now I’m singing that Oliver Twist song to myself this is going to be fun! 🙄😂).
My questions for you are:
1. If you had to stay in one location for the rest of your life and never travel far from it where would it be?
2. What is the first thing that you feel after you upload a post to your blog (E.g, excitement/ it depends/ nerves ect)?
3. How would you describe blogging to a person who has heard the word ‘blog’ before but has no idea what it really means?
4. If you were only allowed to blog about one topic what would you choose?
5. What is your favourite season and which season is it where you are now?
6. Do you think there is anything different about the you in real life and the you that is portrayed through your blog?
7. What was the last book you read?
8. 5 years ago did you think you would be where you are now in life?
9. Do you have a specific place that you go to type out blog posts or do you feel comfortable enough to do them anywhere?
10. If there was a movie made about your life which celebrity would play you?
11. Do you have any pets? If no then do you want any? If yes then what kind of a niche do you think their blog would be if they had one? 😂
Thank you for reading! 😉 Feel free to answer some of my questions in the comments! 😄 Have a lovely day! ❤