Part 2: My Holiday in the UK – Week 2

Hi everyone! How are you today? This is the second part of my holiday in the UK continuing on from Part 1 where I discovered Krispy Kreme at last! πŸ˜‚ This second week was my favourite because although we did stuff , we did it in a relaxing manner where no particular events were set in cement once we arrived in places. I am so happy that my past self thought of writing down a couple lines that I have elongated for this post of what I did each day as I know for a fact I would have forgotten on what day things took place. It wasn’t even me thinking “why don’t you keep a diary?” It was me thinking of starting a new notebook and being excited it would be going towards a valid cause and not just have scribbles in it πŸ˜‚ regardless of how these memories took shape πŸ˜‚ here is what I got up to in my second week in the UK!

Day 8: August 13 – Sunday

This day was the worst day for my health and I had to lay down. I cried quiet a lot thinking I was letting everyone down and both my aunt’s told me I could not be more wrong, they told me that they wanted for me to feel better and no one was judging me because I couldn’t help my illness and I should in no way feel embarrassed about it. I think I needed this day to happen as it was like a turning point where I realized that I needed to rest a lot more than I did already and that was okay because what was stopping me before (what I thought would be people’s opinions) were made up in my mind anyway. Everyone only wanted the best for me and I could not have been more thankful for that πŸ’—

Day 9: August 14 – Monday

We got up early and left the house, getting a McDonald’s breakfast on the way to pick up my nana after which we journeyed down to Bournemouth! We were staying at the Lodge at Meyrick Park and arrived some time before book in so went shopping in Asda where I picked up some clothes from my haul HERE πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ before returning to the lodge and being shown to our rooms! My sister and I had a room down some stairs on the opposite side of the lodge to my aunt and nana. As we walked round with our keys after arranging to meet up later in their room to go for dinner we joked that it was our first home together (as it felt like a lot of responsibility being left to it πŸ˜‚). 

The photo above is of the stairs we came down to get round to our room, they were large concrete steps that filled up with cockroaches in the evenings (lovely!πŸ˜‚).

This was the first bout of mess we made from just walking into the room πŸ˜‚ we popped the kettle on and it felt like home straight away. It was nice to have our own space (and toilet! πŸ˜‚) as we didn’t have to worry like we did wherever else we stayed that somebody else was up in the toilet when we needed to go πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚ we started to get ready for going out later after exploring our room. It was so much fun and felt like we were having a glimpse into the future where the two of us would be travelling together! πŸ˜„

The plan was to go to The Harvester down by the beach for dinner so I washed my hair (whereupon I was attacked by the shower head 😫 it was so powerful! πŸ˜‚ I usually put down the hose so that I can comb conditioner into my hair but this shower head wasn’t having it and turned on me as soon as I put it down and flew up like a snake 😬 I admit I was laughing in-between moments of gasping for air but that does not make it okay! πŸ˜‚ 

(Look how long the shower hose is!! It was like a cross between a horror and a you’ve been framed episode πŸ˜‚).

When we arrived at the Harvester later on by the beach the view was so beautiful (unlike my pictures πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚)

I’m not going to lie and say our experience here was amazing because it was terrible! 😬 πŸ™ˆ I understand that​ we would have to wait for our seats but even though we sat patiently waiting for our alarm to go off, people that arrived after us were seated first! This went on for over 45 minutes until my nan went up to speak to someone and we were shown to our seats a while later. We sat directly by the stall where all the waiter’s worked at but they ignored us. When we finally ordered our food and it arrived it was over an hour later 😬 (lucky we had been able to visit the salad bar to keep ourselves busy πŸ˜‹ or I may of had to start eating the table itself πŸ˜‚). It was like it was done on purpose having to wait so long and it was upsetting after a long day which had been good so far. When our food arrived (I had the original combo) we dug in and didn’t think of taking pictures πŸ˜‚ by now I was beginning to feel dizzy from the waiting times and was so tired I ended up having to leave eating all of my meal because I was finding it hard to swallow down the food I was so tired. Before we left my sister and I both had a Freak Shake ( I had the cookie monster one!) and I’m not going to lie, it kind of made up for it πŸ˜‚ although it was incredibly creamy. 

Did I just write a bloody review?!…I think I did πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚ my aunt was disappointed at this visit to the Harvester as she had raved about it to us before being one of her favourite restaurants but maybe it was just this particular branch? Either way it was nice spending time with my aunt, nan and sister! πŸ˜„ 

When we got back to the lodge we had a peaceful walk back to our rooms from the carpark which had trees as tall as the eye can see that looked like spiders in the dark! In our room, my sister and I lay back in our beds watching Celebrity Big Brother as per usual πŸ˜‚

Day 10: August 15 – Tuesday

I woke up at 7:30 and got my sister up too as we had to get ready and be down in our aunt’s room so we could all go to breakfast. We took pictures with our nana, I don’t want to show them but I thought I would mention it happened as it was a highlight of our stay! πŸ˜‚ I had a full English breakfast in the lodge cafe which I thought would be a good idea considering I missed out on a full dinner the evening before πŸ˜‚ it certainly made up for it πŸ˜‹. 

On our way back to our room my sister and I thought we had found a shortcut to our room round the back of the building which took us up the road πŸ™„πŸ˜‚ this stands by the fact that nothing you ever think will be a shorcut is in reality a shortcut whether it be by time differences or the old getting lost in the woods πŸ˜‚ we walked through the forest which was beautiful but made slightly eerie by the rustling of branches that we suspected was squirrels we had seen run by earlier πŸ˜‚

we walked back up and got ready before we all left to go to a Tkmaxx! (It’s dawning on me that this could be more than an obsession even though most of the TKmaxxs we went to I didn’t get anything as it all started to look the same…like words when you’re tired πŸ˜‚). We then went back to the lodge!

If I were a tree hugger this would have been the moment I started, with a proper tree! πŸ˜‚ (And I was actually craving hugs whilst away from home so then was as good a time as any! πŸ˜‚) But it didn’t cross my mind! I was too overcome with awe by how picturesque everything looked.

We were starving when we got back  so went for a lunch in the cafe. We enjoyed hot chocolates before eating! β˜• I had a pulled pork burger with chips that was delicious! I had to eat it with my knife and fork as it all kept falling out of the bun whenever I bit it πŸ˜‚

We then went to a retail park we found and had a little shopping spree. Before arriving back at our rooms in the dark. That night I bumped my head off my bedside cabinet as it was so close to the bed πŸ™ˆ and a bump came up on my forehead. It was painful but all my sister and I could do was laugh as we tried to Google up things to do for a bump that was getting bigger by the second 😬 after stumbling around our room I found a flannel and held it against my head for a while before dozing off again staring daggers at the cabinet daring it to make the first move…I was delirious πŸ˜‚.

Day 11: August 16 – Wednesday

We woke up in the morning at 7:30 and got ready as breakfast was held up until 10:00 and we were to meet our aunt before then. I had a fruit salad as I couldn’t stand the look of a full English breakfast (it had become apparent I had a concussion first sign being the lopsided room πŸ‘πŸ˜‚). 

Back in our rooms we packed up our things and rang our mum and dad (who were worried about my head as the accident could have altered the patches on my brain and sparked my symptoms) before setting off to go to the pier where my aunt and sister went and got some gifts for my two little cousins. I stayed in the car with my nan as I wasn’t feeling well and my sister got me an onion pasty that was too good! πŸ˜‹ (As you can tell the concussion had worn off! πŸ˜‚).

We dropped my nana off at her home and spent some time with her and our uncle before heading back to our other aunt’s house.

Day 12: August 17 – Thursday

We went shopping in the centre closest to our aunt’s house and went to see the Nut Job 2 (we took the oldest of our two cousins to see the Nut Job when she was a toddler) which was a lot more funny than the first one. Everytime the movie went quiet my youngest cousin would point out “we’re the only ones in the cinema!” Which I couldn’t believe as I wouldn’t have thought that would happen anywhere but Ireland πŸ˜‚

Day 13: August 18 – Friday

We traveled down to Windsor and sat waiting outside the castle for my uncle to turn up. It was incredibly sunny so we ducked into a souvenir shop to look around (I make it sound like a rainy day πŸ˜‚ but it’s dangerously​ draining for me to be in the sun for too long…doesn’t make me sound like a vampire at all! πŸ™„πŸ˜‚) 

When we were all together we walked about trying to find somewhere to eat and decided to go into a place called Bill’s. It was so cozy inside and they were able to seat the 7 of us together. The waitress gave my little cousins a paw patrol colouring paper and she stopped and handed me one too! πŸ™ˆ She thought I was a kid! πŸ˜‚ I knew it! I don’t look an eighteen year old (kind of made me happy though as I don’t feel like an eighteen year old as I’ve missed out on a lot so why not knock a few years off and let me relive em! πŸ˜‚. My mum says I will be grateful for looking older when I’m her age but that is beside the point! πŸ™„πŸ˜‚).  

I ordered the Mojo marinated chicken skewers which was accompanied by pearl couscous with mint, coriander and parsley, tzatziki, cucumber and red onion salad with grilled flat bread….yes I just read the menu online and my mouth is watering again! πŸ˜‚ The chicken was char-grilled and sooo yummy, but the couscous made the dish! I wish I could have it again…maybe there’s a Bill’s in Ireland but I doubt it πŸ˜‚. For dessert I had a Melting chocolate bombe and it was too good! The waitress brought it over and poured a liquid over a chocolate dome which immediately melted…I jealously wondered why she got to do it as it looked so magical πŸ˜‚ but I didn’t complain when I ate it! It had brownie chunks, chocolate sauce, vanilla and chocolate ice cream, honeycomb and hot salted caramel sauce 😍 again please! I remember seeing my sister take pictures of hers and thinking I would probably regret if I didn’t too then looking down only to realize mine was all gone πŸ™„πŸ˜‚.

When we left the restaurant my uncle went and got some gobstopper sweets that we’re incredibly sour! πŸ˜«πŸ˜‚ We ate them as we ran through the rain to find a boat tour that would take us on a tour down the Thames! (On the way to the boat we passed a stall with hoodies that looked so warm as I didn’t have a jacket with me πŸ˜‚ so I got one afterwards). We boarded the boat which had covers on the windows so that regardless of the rain the tour could still go on. At the front of the boat there was a table where a lady sat who apparently had been driving the boat the entire time…I had no idea! πŸ˜‚

It was peaceful although difficult to make out what the man on the loudspeaker was talking about through the rain πŸ˜‚. Afterwards we all parted ways and my sister and I went to a cafe after I got my hoodie whereupon the rain stopped after I put it on πŸ™„πŸ˜‚. We looked in a Tkmaxx before being dropped off at our other aunt’s house that we had stayed at last week to stay with them one more night πŸ˜„.

Day 14: August 19 – Saturday

We spent time with our aunt, uncle and cousins before being brought over to our Nana’s house. Our nana walked us down to see a park that she used to take us to when we were little before we were taken back to our aunt’s house where our little cousins were (this is confusing πŸ˜‚ these cousins are on my dad’s side and the ones I stayed with the other night are on my mum’s side πŸ˜‚ the way I’ve written it sounds like we’re being tossed around like rag dolls πŸ˜‚). We spent time with them in-between packing and went out for one last shop with them before being dropped off at the newsagents that my sister and I liked to walk to one last time. In the evening we all watched a movie together before heading off to bed. 

Day 15: August 20 – Sunday

We were woken up at 5:30am by our aunt and after we got ready we started bringing our bags down to be put in the car. After saying goodbye to everyone we left at 6:30am. We arrived at the dock in Wales and after waiting in line we boarded the boat and I got to have those delicious brownies that I had on the way over again! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‚ We ventured around the boat before deciding to have lunch, I had vegetable soup and an egg mayonnaise sandwich (I never used to like egg sandwiches but whilst away I would snack on them and they’ve grown on me! πŸ˜‚).

The boat arrived home in Ireland at 4:30pm and as we drove off it was pouring with rain (what a lovely welcome! πŸ˜‚). When we got home we had the most amazing welcome from our mum and dad who came out with our smallest dog toby in their arms and the rest of the day was full of hugs! 

Which brings us to now! I am happy to be back home as I feel like I lived in the moment whilst on holiday just like I hoped I would and did not waste even the moments when I was unwell as I learnt lessons each time. If I sit back and close my eyes I am back there in England on any particular day reliving it through these memories and feeling grateful for each one. I had an amazing time and I’m equally as happy that I got to share it all with you and have it written here to look back on! πŸ˜„

Thank you for reading! πŸ˜‰πŸ’— Have a lovely day!


  1. I’ve never smiled so hard whilst reading something; it’s so great that you had a good time!! Also, your descriptions of the food have made me starving!!! CHOCOLATE???? Heaven! Sorry I get REALLY enthusiastic about food hehe! I hope the concussion has completely worn off now! But I’m SO glad you got everything out of your holiday that you wanted! It sounds wonderful: I always think of my country as more dull but the way you describe it makes it sound beautiful!

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Thank you so much!! The food was delicious! 😍 Definetly worth getting excited about πŸ˜‚ is it bad that if I could back to any day it would be the ones with the food? πŸ˜‚ It has worn off thank you, every time I have my usual migraine I worry that it is something to do with that but I need to remember that the pain is the same as it was before and no worse. Thank you!! It is a beautiful country .my parents reminded me that my sister and I were shielded from the stuff that may not have been so beautiful as we were taken care of but I suppose there is bad in every country so I still hope to move back one day! πŸ˜‚ Hope you have a lovely day πŸ’—

      Liked by 1 person

    1. Thank you so much!! It is! It has a very distinct look about it and did not feel crazy despite the large amount of tourists πŸ˜‚ I hope I can go back one day and go on a tour of the castle πŸ˜„πŸ’—

      Liked by 1 person

  2. Your trip sounded so fun! I’m always mistaken for a child too (I’m 19), but it’s good when it works in your favour and gets you discounted bus/train tickets and food ;)! Great post x

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s