Hi everyone! I hope you are well and have better weather than my part of Ireland! It’s raining over half of the garden 😵 and the sun is on the other side 😮 best of both worlds! 😂 I was nominated to do this award by two incredible bloggers! A massive THANK YOU to Random Thoughts by Haya and Starring Pamela! Haya has amazing fashion, travel and DIY posts (look at this!: Embroidered Floral Handbag) and Pamela has brilliant lifestyle posts! I enjoy reading her “favourites” posts, these range from beauty, to books, monthly round up’s (My Lively May) and so much more. Go check out their awesome blogs! 😄..😮…🤔..💡..👏..🍿😂
- Put the award logo/image in your post.
- Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Answer the questions given.
- Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice (one weird/funny question).
- Share the link(s) to your favourite post(s) of yours.
This award was created by Okoto Enigma 👏
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
3 things about me:
- I have loved to read and write since I was a little kid and I can remember when I was around 3/4 and still learning to my read to my parents I would make up stories on the spot and pretend I could read perfectly 🙄😂 (I remember trying not to laugh at their reactions as I did it..I was a lovely child! 😂) my mum used to have to look over my shoulder as she thought I was actually reading it all, but it was from my imagination 😂 until one day she looked over my shoulder and I was reading perfectly.
- I’m scared of clowns with a passion!! 😬 They are just so weird! Why do they try so hard to make you laugh when you’re a kid?..I used to think I would be kidnapped by one so I steered clear of the circus 😂 I need to remember underneath the freaky face paint is a normal human being 🤔😂 my dad’s scared of them too. I once came walking out of primary school and was on my way down to our car and there were these clowns handing out brochures and I froze! I was holding a craft I made and nearly dropped it. I think the clown who came over to me saw I was worried and said what I had made was cool, shoved a leaflet in my hand and ran off 😂 maybe he could see the scream building within me 🤔 I would have run from myself if given half the chance 😂
- I used to make tents out of quilts on a chair in our living room and hide in them with books 😂 before that I would build a house out of this large cardboard fairytale book I still have (the pages had come apart 😂) and hide in that to read.
How long could you survive without your phone?
Before I started blogging I would go days without my phone even crossing my mind (as I blog completely through it) and as I post every second day, I hardly go on it in the days between. The survival rate is high! 😂 so I guess if I scheduled posts (I’m not that organized 😂) I would not be on it for days if only to message when out and about.
What’s the last movie you watched and did you like it?
On Sunday I went to see the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie and it was hilarious! The start had us thinking “please don’t be like this the whole way through” 😂 but then it picked up and was really entertaining! We giggled quite a lot, it was a highly carefree film where they didn’t try too hard to make you laugh so in fact succeeded in making us laugh 😂
What’s your favourite fast food place to go to?
Eddie Rockets is an Irish 50s style diner that does delicious nacho’s and Reece’s peanut butter cup milkshakes! 😍 They have juke boxes at every table that half the time don’t work yet still take your 20c/half the time make you wait for everyone else’s choices to play first. But they have Chuck Berry so you stay strong and hope! 😂 I went to another 50s style diner called rockin’ Joe’s on Friday (My yesterday=a nice surprise 💫) that is closer to where I live but is not nearly as good as Eddie Rockets!…I just googled it and it turns out rockin’ Joe’s used to be a few Eddie Rockets diners but following a dispute they rebranded 😮.. interesting stuff! 😂..I suppose rockin’ Joe’s didn’t get the good side of the deal what with not having Reece’s peanut butter cup milkshakes and all that..🙄😂..okay I’ll just stop 😂
Have you had enough water today? (Just looking out for you!)
Yes! Thank you for asking 😂 the hot weather makes me feel like the water isn’t even making a difference 😂 so I’ve been adding sachets to get some electrolytes! (I take them anyway as I always have low blood pressure).
What is your favourite family tradition?
I don’t think my family have any 🤔 we used to have a specific day we would watch the Laurel and Hardy boxset or Only fool’s and Horses but we got through them all 😂
What’s your favourite time of day?
The early morning when everyone else is still sleeping but it is light outside and you can lay back and think of the day ahead full of endless possibilities! (Maybe not endless..there is a limit to what you can do in the middle of nowhere 😂).
What is the one thing you cannot live without?
My family! They count as one because I love them equally. I don’t know what I would do without them and I often find myself waking up in the middle of the night wishing I could be with them 😊..I think it’s because I know I’m lucky that my mum is still with us and I couldn’t bear the thought of it being any other way.
Who is your style crush?
I don’t have one 😂 I’m not sure if thats good or bad 😬😂 I don’t look up to anyone as my style crush as they will probably have worn at least one thing I don’t like and then we’ve lost the connection 👋😂 so I will just look at stuff that I like and never feel that loss of bond 😂
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to get my writing out there as I have always wanted to be an author but I began to realize a while after that I mainly started to take my mind off of my chronic pain. Writing helps to do this and I think that is why I have always used it as a form of escape alongside getting lost in a good book since I was little. Writing helped me take my mind off things even before I got very sick as my mum used to be very unwell before and after she had her transplant (she is still recovering) and so I would read and read and read and write 😂. Kind of like a coping mechanism that I taught myself without even realizing it. Not a bad one though as it has got me here and has been the driving force behind my dream of one day hopefully helping others escape into my writing.
Who’s your favourite blogger?
I am not lying when I say I can’t pick one! 😂 There are too many that I crave to see posts from everytime I open up the WordPress app 😂 if your a blogger, then you! 😌😂
My favourite posts of mine are:
My Undiagnosed Chronic Illness because I will never be able to believe that I actually wrote it 😂 it’s difficult to write about something that you are sick of having to describe at hospitals everytime you go to no avail, especially when a name cannot even be put to your pain yet and so you feel alone whilst being surrounded, feeling a pain that is viewed as invisible even when it shows on your brain. When I was little I used to think everyone had to go to the hospital every week if not for a family member for yourself or go stay with the IKA (Irish kidney association) regularly. Or that everyone felt the pain in my head or my bones and muscles. I thought it was normal. Pain has always been a part of my family but it has played a part in making me unique (if not crazy 😂).
Update + Blue Sky Tag ×4 – although this is an extremely long post 😂 I got to write about my mum’s transplant as an answer to a question and the magical night that we got the call for it after waiting 5 years and got lost and thought we wouldn’t make it whilst on the motorway when a police car came came driving down the road and drove us there! 😵 It feels like a dream now but that night someone was most definitely looking down on us and saved my mum’s life. Im glad I put this into the post as it’s out there without me feeling like I haven’t said anything as I wanted to acknowledge that moment as the most special thing that’s ever happened to my family and I. When my mum read the post she cried and I was proud I had in some way shown her how much she means to me 😊.. who am I kidding? My mum will never know that as words cannot explain how much I love her! And even if I say “I love you more” she says “that’s not possible”… Well nothing’s bloody impossible! Haven’t you seen that samsung advert for the flying ostrich?😯….what?..that’s not real?……..well it’s beautiful!!…what were we talking about again? 😐😂
Thank you so much Pamela and Haya for nominating me and giving me brilliant questions!! 😄
I nominate (you don’t have to do this if you don’t want to):
And you! If you want to do this award, do it! Tag me so that I can read your answers to my questions and be a lil nosy 😂
My questions for those I nominate:
- We are halfway through the year so I guess it’s appropriate for me to ask: are you looking forward to Christmas yet? 😂
- Do you think 2017 is going too fast? And does it bother you how time flies by? 👋😂
- What is your favourite movie? 🍿
- Do you like sushi? 🍣
- What is your dream job? And if it is not what you are already doing, would you skip this part of your life to be doing that job? (Keeping in mind you would not get to see yourself grow by going on a journey to get to that point in life?)
Thank you for reading! 😉💗 Let me know your answers to my questions in the comments! Have a lovely day!