Hi everyone! How are you all? I was nominated to do this award by four amazing bloggers! I have put in brackets my favourite posts of theirs! Eelblogs (50 followers Q&A!-I like this because I love reading Q&A’s..And my questions got answered! 😂 I’m a nosy bugger I guess😂), Oriana’s Notes (10 ways to reuse empty containers – I love D.I.Y posts! , Casually Disastrous (The dreamer and the skeptic – this is so beautiful and mystical!) and Don’t Give A Jam (March monthly favourites – I really enjoy posts where people write about the things/products that made their month!). Go check their blogs out if you haven’t already! If you have, do it again! 😂 The Blogger recognition award was the first award I was nominated for back when I started my blog (post here) 😄 a month into the five months I’ve now been going for! I was flabbergasted (but exited!) and so unsure of what tips to put out to other bloggers as I had only just started myself, so I am extremely happy to now have been nominated further down the line! I’m ready for this! 😂
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award too.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them.
How my blog started:
For a while I thought I started my blog on the 14th of December (but it was late in the evening so could have been close to midnight) and it was actually the 13th of December (the day before). It’s irrelevant but it’s made me realize my concept of time is out of wack 😂 .
When I started my blog, I didn’t do it with talking of my chronic pain in mind (I didn’t even mention it in the beginning), I said I wanted to get my writing out there and I still do. I allowed my personality to escape through when I saw how open everyone else is on here in talking about things they are going through. It all made me realize how much I want to help anyone going through any type of pain. I don’t know if when I started I thought I would get away with not mentioning my Illness but somewhere down the line I came to see that it’s a unique part of me (not a nice uniqueness 😂) that makes me who I am. To know me, you don’t have to feel my pain, you don’t even have to fully understand it, but it helps because I don’t talk about it in person. If you were to meet me in person you probably wouldn’t know about my pain (unless you had read my blog) , ive mentioned before that I hide it until I’m comfortable, but I also don’t talk about it at all (only to doctors and my family). That’s why it feels strange (but easier) to write about it. I can honestly say, I talk more about Bastille, real housewives 😂 and Hollyoaks more than I do about how unwell I am. I guess that it’s not something I want to draw attention to when im actually feeling well. I want to write more about it though. With writing you can say all you feel but with talking you’ll be like “oh I forgot to say that” ten hours later 😂 I want to write about it to spread the word and help others keep strong. You can still be strong when you don’t even know what’s going on inside you.
I started my blog one evening when I was having one of my worse flare ups and college was on a standstill because of it. My mum and I weighed up the pros and cons between WordPress and Blogger and if I could really do it at all and there were decidedly more pro’s! My mum said “go on do it!” So I did and I cannot explain how happy I am to be here! 😆
Advice to new bloggers:
1. Don’t start blogging because it sounds “cool” or Because everyone else is doing it (they won’t do it for you). Start blogging because you want to do it! Whether it’s for you, for others or a happy medium 😂 don’t start for the sake of it. I can honestly say that before I started blogging I had never intentionally read a blog post (as in said to myself “im going to read one”) I must have read one without knowing but I don’t think I really knew that blogs could be found on Google 😂 I knew in myself that I loved to write, so why not write a blog? I never thought it would be easy. Especially at first glimpse of other bloggers posts, I was in awe going over in my head how much time and work they had put into each post. I should do a post on the first bloggers I saw when I got the WordPress app! They are truly inspirational. I’m glad I didn’t read blogs before because I know I would have started blogging with a different mindset and have told myself I couldn’t do it. I still tell myself that but with the exception that I have done it,I am doing it and I don’t see myself stopping anytime soon! 😂
2. Believe in yourself and be yourself! (Do you like that? I just thought of it 😂). I’ve mentioned before that what you are reading right now is the voice in my head. Its 100% me (minus the swearing Because I do that in my head too 🙄😂). This is the real me. How I act around my family and friends (I guess that makes you my friend now 😂). I would like to think that if I ever met any of you (although I might come across as a shy thing 😂) you will know that this me! No strings attached 😐…Or undone 🤔 because that would be weird! 😂😶
I would like to say a big THANK YOU! to the bloggers who nominated me to do this! I feel motivated in writing it to think how far I have come since my last Blogger Recognition post. It’s so strange to look back on it now 😂
I nominate (you don’t have to do this if you don’t want to):
Ivanamakeupworld – because you nominated me for my very first award (the Blogger Recognition award) back in January and had me grinning for a full on week because of it 😂💗😄
Thank you for reading! Have a lovely day! 😉💗