Hi everyone! I was nominated for this award by three amazing bloggers!! Thank you so much to Thoughts From Jasmine (Success), Everything Me xx (Go for it) and Simple Little Things xx (10 little bedroom accents)! Check out their brilliant blogs! I have put in brackets my favourite posts of theirs! I am truly grateful to be given the opportunity to do posts like this! 😆 I will stick to 11 facts about myself 😂 and i have been given 21 questions in total to answer! 😄
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask them 11 questions
- List the rules! So that your nominees know what to do and answer the questions you were asked.
11 facts about me:
- I was born in London but I have lived in Ireland for 13 years.
- I am part irish, Italian, Spanish and Trinidadian!
- I am teaching myself Italian at the moment using the language app “Mango”.
- My bucket list is packed with extreme sports for when my health gets better. I think sky diving will always be unrealistic for me 😂 but I want to try everything! 😄
- I’ve seen imagine dragons and Bastille live. But Brian May was the best! 😆 That moment when you realize you are breathing the same air as a legend 😵
- When I eat chocolate I enjoy it more when it’s melted. Not as much as I used to though. I used to melt chocolate in the microwave when I was little 😂
- I love to make desserts! 😋
- I taught myself Morse code the day after my last leaving cert exam (I was having serious learning withdrawal symptoms 😂and didn’t like that it was over until I got my results and went on to college) I chose Morse code because my great grandfather was a Morse code operator in World war 2! He taught my Gran when she was little. I can remember it all too! 😅
- I love Reece’s peanut butter cup milkshakes and strawberry milkshakes (I have one right now😂)
- I love going to cinema’s! Cinema popcorn is too good 😍
- I really like painting my nails! My favourite varnishes are from Barry M and collection!
Questions from Thoughts from Jasmine:
1. What’s your favourite Disney movie?
Zootropolis! It makes me so happy 😂 I really like Inside Out and Alice through the looking glass aswell, but they don’t beat Zootropolis!
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully with a diagnosis for my Undiagnosed Chronic Illness or even just feeling better. In five years I would love for my blog to be making people happy and feel good about themselves!😆
3. What’s your favourite food?
My dad makes a fabulous pumpkin and saltfish dinner that has been passed down generations in my family. I’m drooling at the thought 😛😂
4. Jeans and trainers or dresses and heels
Jeans and trainers sum me up to a T 😂 I’ll wear dresses in the summer but I love wearing t-shirts with quotes on. For me, wearing heels is an accident waiting to happen 😂😫🤕
5. What’s the first thing you did when you got up this morning?
Tried to figure out how to stop the radio on my alarm clock, which automatically comes on every morning 😠 all I wanted was to set some channels and now it won’t shut up 😂
6. If you could play one instrument (that you don’t already play) what would it be?
Maybe the keyboard. My sister has one in her room and she’s really talented on it. I can’t control my fingers that well anymore with instruments, but have always thought it would be cool if I could play it 😍 I will one day! 💪👊😂
7. Which fictional character (book, play, movie, comic or film) would you say most embodies you?
That’s a really tough question 🤔 and I honestly can’t think of an answer. There are lots of books where I feel I can relate to a character but I don’t think I could say any of them embody me. Maybe a little bit of Libby strout from holding up the universe. How she was housebound for a long time and didn’t like that everyone she used to know was changing. I still think I look like 12 year old me but everyone I used to know looks like adults 😂 it’s not nice to miss out on it all 🙁
8. If you could act in one TV show, which one would it be and why?
Hollyoaks! Every character in Hollyoaks has their own unique storyline that pulls you in and it would be amazing to be a part of it all. Begs the question:can I act? When I’m exited or nervous (which I reckon acting with the Hollyoaks cast would make me 😂) I can’t keep a straight face 😐😑🙄😏😣😂
9. Sweet or savoury food?
Sweet! I went to a Chinese restaurant with my family yesterday and am overloaded with both sweet and savoury for about a month 😂 so I would say a sweet kind of a dessert because the restaurant didn’t have desserts.
10. When did you start your blog?
On the 14th of December 2016, so only a couple of months ago. But it feels much longer 🤔😂
11. What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
The community of people on here are amazing and so kind. If we all started a blog we must have the same mindset but we are all unique, which I love because I’ve learnt so much in the last few months from other bloggers and have become an avid reader of blogs on here 😂
Questions from Everything Me xx:
1. If you could only live off one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Icecream!! ( 🙄I almost shouted it 😶) I have a Haagen Daz tub of strawberries and cream with my name on it!
2. What is the meaning behind your blog name?
“Elsie” is my initials L.C in name form and L.M.C is my initials including one of my middle names. My dad says he’s going to call me Elsie from now on 😂 my real name is Lucy though.
3. What is your favourite season and why?
Winter! Because there is always a hope of snow! 🌨⛄❄…Never happens but the rumours have become enough 😢😂
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
A few are in my post 3 things people do that annoy me. But if I choose one completely different it would be when people cough or sneeze and don’t cover their mouths or look away. Especially when they do it near my mum who is susceptible to infection’s easily because of her health. I come so close to slapping these people! 😣😠
5. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My mum! I love her more than life itself 💗 I love all of my family incredibly deeply but my mum is my inspiration because she is the strongest person I know and has been through so much 💗
Questions from Simple Little Things xx:
1. Do you have a favourite holiday you went on as a child?
Coming over to Ireland was originally going to be a holiday before we moved over 😂 longest holiday ever!
2. Do you have any ideas for your blog in the future?
I would love to write posts that inspire people and make them smile! I have post ideas and a few written out already.
3. What is your go-to way to relax?
When I feel well I try to do things because when I’m in pain I have to sit/lay down so it’s difficult to find something in-between to call relaxing that’s done through choice. I would say watching a good animated movie! 😄
4. Do you have a favourite song that makes you cry?
My favourite songs are usually the ones that steer clear of making me cry 😂 but I really like Adele’s “someone like you” performance at the Brit awards. I cried the first time I heard it and come close to doing it again whenever I listen to it.
5. What is one product that you couldn’t live without?
Freederm Facial moisturizer, because it really does what it’s supposed to and prevents breakouts.
Ow It’s over 😭 I was enjoying myself there! 😂 thank you so much to the incredible bloggers for l nominating me!
Questions for those I nominate:
1. Who is your celebrity idol?
2. What kind of blogs do you like to read? (Motivational, lifestyle, makeup, reviews, poetry)
3. What feeling do you hope your blog posts give your readers? (Happiness, motivation, inspiration)
4. Where is your favourite place to be in the world? (Can even be your room)
5. What spirit animal are you? (strong like a tiger, sophisticated like a cat, loyal like a dog)
6. What was the last quote that motivated you?
7. What was your favourite pastime when you were little?
8. Do you have a favourite movie that you wish you were in? What is it and why?
9. Do you prefer the world in movies/books compared to real life? Why?
10. Who was the last person that made you smile?
11. Do you have any tips for creativity/writers block?
Thank you for reading! Check out all of the amazing blogs mentioned in this post! Thank you to those who nominated me! Have a lovely day! 😉💗