Hi everyone! Yesterday I made these super easy chocolate fudge cupcakes! I don’t eat sponge things that much,but these are special! (So they made the cut 😂) and they were delicious! I got the recipe from a book called “1001 Cupcake, Cookies and other tempting treats” ( I have left a picture of it at the end of this post). The recipe was originally dark and white chocolate fudge cakes but I don’t have any dark or white chocolate 😂 so I used milk chocolate and it was nice and silky in the icing.
200ml water, 85g butter, 85g caster sugar, 1tbsp golden syrup, 3tbsp milk, 1tsp vanilla extract, 1tsp bicarbonate of soda, 225g plain flour, 2tbsp cocoa powder
120g milk chocolate broken in pieces, 4tbsp water, 50g butter, 350g icing sugar.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and line a 12 hole cupcake tray with paper cases.
2. Place the water, butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan and heat gently ,whilst stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat once boils and cook gently for 5 minutes. Leave to cool. (It smells like caramel 😍)
3. Place the milk and vanilla extract in a bowl. Add the bicarbonate of soda and stir to dissolve.
4. Sift the flour and cocoa into a separate bowl and add the syrup mixture. Stir in the milk and beat until smooth.
5. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until well risen. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the icing (optional)
1. Place the milk chocolate in a small heatproof bowl, add the water and the butter, set the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water and heat until melted. Stir it until smooth and take it off the heat, removing the heatproof bowl from the saucepan. Leave it to cool.
2. Sift the icing sugar into the bowl and beat until smooth and thick.
3. When the cupcakes are cold, top evenly with the icing and leave to set.
And enjoy! 😍 Let me know how they turn out if you make them! Thank you for reading! 😉💗