Hi everyone! Apple crumble is my absolute favourite dessert! Today I made two apple crumbles. One in my usual Crock-Pot that used to belong to my grandma and another in a cute little dinky Crock-Pot that I got for Christmas. The recipe that I always use is from one of my first home economics practical lessons. I made a big mistake in trying out coconut flour to see what it was like and I’m not going to lie it tasted like acid! 😖😬😂 So from now on I recommend sticking to the original recipe! Using plain flour (or gluten free flour which makes it extra crumbly).Happy baking!
Ingredients: For the crumble topping: 150g margarine/butter, 225g plain flour, Pinch of salt, 100g soft brown sugar or caster sugar, 50g oats.
For the filling:. 5 cooking apples peeled and chopped, 6 tbsp(s) of caster sugar.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°c and grease a dish.
- Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl
- Rub in the margarine with your fingers to resemble breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar (100g) and oats.
- Mix together the apples in the greased dish.
- Sprinkle over the caster sugar (6 tbsps).It sounds like allot of sugar but it caramelises with the apples perfectly 😍. Then add the crumble mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
~serve with custard or ice cream~