Hi everyone! Apple crumble is my absolute favourite dessert! Today I made two apple crumbles. One in my usual Crock-Pot that used to belong to my grandma and another in a cute little dinky Crock-Pot that I got for Christmas. The recipe that I always use is from one of my first home economics practical lessons. I made a big mistake in trying out coconut flour to see what it was like and I’m not going to lie it tasted like acid! 😖😬😂 So from now on I recommend sticking to the original recipe! Using plain flour (or gluten free flour which makes it extra crumbly).Happy baking!
For the crumble topping:
150g margarine/butter, 225g plain flour, Pinch of salt, 100g soft brown sugar or caster sugar, 50g oats.
For the filling:.
5 cooking apples peeled and chopped + 6 tbsp(s) of caster sugar.
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°c and grease a dish.
2. Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl.
3. Rub in the margarine with your fingers to resemble breadcrumbs.
4. Stir in the sugar (100g) and oats.
5. Mix together the apples in the greased dish.
6. Sprinkle over the caster sugar (6 tbsps). It sounds like a lot of sugar but it caramelises with the apples perfectly 😍.
7. Then add the crumble mixture.
8. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
~serve with custard or ice cream~
Enjoy & thank you for reading!! Let me know how yours turns out if you make it! 😉