Hi everyone! How are you? ❤️ Today I made chocolate orange souffles and they were delicious! I got the recipe from RTE guide taste Ireland magazine. Which I cannot find online so will put it here for you guys!
4 ramekins (I used tea cups).
25g butter, for greasing
1 tbsp caster sugar for dusting.
150ml whole milk
100ml double cream.
150ml dark chocolate.
Grated zest of one orange.
3 large eggs separated.
75g caster sugar.
1. Prepare the ramekins by rubbing the butter on all of the sides.dust the inside with the sugar until well coated and then place in the freezer.
2. Put the milk in a saucepan and warm it until just before boiling. Remove pan from heat and set aside. In separate pan, heat the cream and when it steams remove from heat and at the chocolate. Let it all melt then beat it until it is like silk. Stir in orange zest and set aside to cool.
3. Whisk the yolks with 50g of the sugar until creamy. Sieve in the cornflour, cocoa powder and plain flour and mix till smooth. Pour in the milk from earlier whilst stirring constantly. Then tip it back into the milks previous saucepan. Stir over a low heat until mixture has thickened. Then remove from heat and leave to cool.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees (fan 170 degrees Celsius / gas 5) and put in a baking tray to heat up.
5. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Then start beating in the remaining 25g of sugar one teaspoonful at a time until the mixture is stiff. Add the egg whites to the chocolate mixture a third at a time and fold in each time until all blends
6. Divide the mixture between the ramekins.
7. Put the ramekins on the pre-heated oven tray and bake for 16-18minutes.
8. Serve lightly dusted with icing sugar. Unfortunately before this step I dropped one so now I only have three. Someones going to have to watch from the corner and its not going to be me!
Enjoy and thank you for reading! Let me know how yours turn out if you make them! 😉